Sunday, September 14, 2008

We're In Guangzhou!





We arrived in Guangzhou yesterday afternoon and spent most
of the afternoon trying to find somewhere cheap to eat.
The hotel is about $60 per person. NOT! We finally got
a taxi to take us to McDonald's but that was a mistake!!
There were a "trillion" people at McDonald's and literally
there was no place to sit in a 3 story McDonald's! So,
we decided to take our food back to the Hotel. Catching
a taxi back was another story....There were hundreds of
people all trying to get taxi's in the same location. We
waited on the street corner for what seemed like days
when finally we were lucky enough to get one. It was
crazy and of course Shaelyn was totally overwhelmed with
all the ciaos and was crying hysterically! She said
Chinese people are rude and act like animals and of course
she wanted to go home! Aiden was having a terrific time
with both hands dug deep inside the McDonald's bag eating
french fries. Shaelyn was so irritated at him. She kept
saying "how can you eat at a time like this"! I thought it
was cute. Anyway, we ran into some American adoptive families
later on and they showed us where to go to eat. Right behind
the White Swan Hotel is a little shopping plaza that has a
really nice western restaurant for cheap!! We were thrilled.
We did not stay at the White Swan when we adopted Shaelyn so
were unaware of where everything was. We purchased a stroller
for Aiden, and got him a cute kimono in the shops behind the
hotel. Aiden's medical exam is today at 9:00 AM. We are
hoping everything goes well. Lots of things can go wrong
(paperwork related problems) at these exams. We are saying
a prayer. As far a my dizziness, it continues However, I
think it may be my glasses. We had my lenses changed into
new frames in Chongqing and they did not have frames that
were the exact match as mine, so they are set in the frames
differently. I have prisms in my lenses so think maybe
I am now looking through a prism differently thus causing
the dizziness and nausea. I do have motion sickness tabs
I've been taking and that seems to help for a little while.
I will just suffer through it for a few more days and will
get new glasses once home. I don't think it's my ears
because the plan ride from Chongqing was fine. By the way,
Aiden was horrible on the plan ride! Was extremely fussy,
and would not be consoled! When I had exhausted all of
my tricks before we even left the runway, I knew we were
in trouble!! It was miserable and I am a little panicked
to think of a 14 hour flight home! PLEASE, PLEASE help us
pray!!!!!
The above pictures are taken INSIDE the lobby of the White
Swan Hotel! It is spectacular!

5 comments:

Papaw said...

So good to hear from you again, Mom & I were really worried about you!. Was thinking about calling tonight at 9, but that is the time for your Doctor's appointment for Aiden , so guess that is off for now. & really don't need to, now that we know everyone is ok. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well with his exam. We pray for you daily. Today at church we prayed for your safe return home from China. Can't wait to see you all! Love, The Mayhews

Maresa said...

so glad to hear from you all again. We were all getting worried that you had not posted in a day.hope the exam goes well. I love the new pictures.I'm still praying for ya'lls safe return back to God's Country.Love ya'll

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hotel you're in! (Not everything is bad in China). Hope everything goes well with the exam and I'll be praying for your plane ride home. Can't wait to see you all. Lots of love!!

Anita Marie said...

I'm glad to hear it isn't your ears giving trouble. We pray for you every day that God will protect and guide. The hotel looks beautiful. Soak in the scenes and culture and even the chaos.