Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Big Sister in Love



Shaelyn and the newest "love of her life". She is so
proud of him and recently told me "Mom, I wouldn't
care if he didn't even have an eye, I would still
love him". She hates to hear him cry at bathtime and
gets very upset herself. I know "someone" who won't
be going with Mommy and Aiden to the Doctor for
Aiden's vaccinations! She just loves him so much. I
know in my heart that we have given her a wonderful
gift, a brother, and at the same time have gained a
special gift ourselves. She has witnessed first hand
the miracle of adoption and just how much work we went
through to even get her. She has said on several
occasions "Did ya'll do that with me"? She has seen
things through a different window and has found it
humbling yet truly miraculous.

4 comments:

Maresa said...

Melody. We have enjoyed all these pictures but we really would like to see some of MOMMY and Aiden too! Keep them coming. Thanks

Anonymous said...

He is a happy little boy!! I hope all is well with everyone.
Landon says to Baby Aidan- "I can't wait to play with you".
Ashley and Hannah say to Shaelyn-"leave some kisses for us".
Congratulations to all!
We are so happy for all of you.
We would like to see some more pictures of mommy and daddy too. Will check back later for more updates! Love, The Mayhews

Anonymous said...

Life is GOOD, isn't it? So glad everything is going so great now. Shae is such a devoted big sister! Tell her Nana says HI and give her my love. Like everyone else, I love the pictures too and am constantly checking for updates. You all have a wonderful time in China and I can't wait to see you.
Love, Teresa

Anita Marie said...

When I was reading the updates of how stressful the journey to China was and how upset Shae was getting and you wondered if it was a good idea to bring her...I thought to myself. But, when she does see Aiden and all that you've gone through to get him...then she will realise what you've done to adopt her and will know how much she is loved. Adoption is a wonderful miracle of love. I am so glad God has allowed you this gift.

We are enjoying every update and picture.