Friday, September 05, 2008

Not the "start" we were expecting!

Okay, it could be much worse but ....as we were preparing to leave
the house this morning I went to clean my ONLY PAIR of glasses and
they snapped in halF!! CRISIS!! I am legally blind without them
and absolutely panicked!! We tried many kinds of glue but to not
avail. I was in tears and about to have a panick attack! We
needed to be leaving NOW and here we were trying to figure out how
to put my glases back together. I called my dad and he headed to
wal-mart for a soldering gun but they did not have one. The local
hardware store didn't open til 7 AM! Ughh! We called my trusting
brother-in-law,Ronald (who can fix anything), while Rob headed to
Lowes to wait for the doors to open to buy the soldering iron.
Ronald was there in a flash and Rob made the purchase. Thankfully
I now have glasses in one piece. Needless to say, they do not look
all that terrific (big glob of soldering right on top of the nose
piece, but I CAN SEE! That's what matters. We are praying that
they will have an eyecare center in Beijing where we can get new
frames. Anyway, after feeling sick, anxious, stressed and
everything in between, we finally headed to the airport. We made
it through baggage check on and security in record time. We have
1 hour to spare before we board our plan. NOW, I can breath!
We are at the airport now and Shaelyn is excited but anxious about
everything going on around her. We will keep you all posted.
Lots of love!

2 comments:

Maresa said...

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face as I read your last two post. What a journey you all have been on and it amazes me at the strength our precious heavenly father has given you every step of the way.As I cannot imagine the feelings you are feeling at this very moment I just know how very thankful you must be that when the doors of your naturally mothering a child were closed, God so graciously opened another way for you to be mommy to two precious little souls.Yes God is so good!! we are so undeserving of his goodness, his mercy and his great love. My heart is truly with you every step of the way. I will be checking daily for new post. I love you dearly!! Stay safe and hurry home!!If you need to e-mail me it's scrapincrazy@windstream.net

Anita Marie said...

Your story of the broken glasses had me on tender hooks. So, glad you are safely on your way to your baby Aiden. Will be checking in daily for updates and praying.