Thursday, September 25, 2008

Adjusting

Last night was the first night Aiden actually
slept through the night since being home!! Yeah!
We are making progress towards adjusting to US
time!! Speaking of adjusting ..............
I will try to paint you a picture of one of our
many "adjustment" moments in our home. Bear in mind
that our house is apprx. 1350 sq feet.
I had already given Aiden his bath and he was
diapered, lotioned and in his Thomas the Tank PJ's.
Shaelyn was in the tub (with of course the bathroom
door wide open) when I hear Shaelyn screaming for him
to "GET OUT" and a loud thump! I dash into the
bathroom to discover that Aiden has attempted to get
back into the tub with Shaelyn who quickly stopped him
in his tracks. He was wet and soapy and pitching a royal
tantrum because he did not succeed in actually getting
into the tub. I pick up a very upset Aiden (who amazingly
can turn into a "noodle" at any given moment) and proceeded
to leave the bathroom. Well,unbeknownst to me, our dog
Sophie has also entered this tiny room we call the bathroom
and I nearly break my neck trying to keep from stepping on
her. The dog is completely perplexed and just stands
there. I stepped over the dog, put Aiden on the floor in
the hallway so he can complete his tantrum, physically
remove the dog from the bathroom, shut the bathroom door,
put Aiden in his playpen and wonder how many of these
episodes I will be able to handle on a daily basis. (smile)

No comments: