Monday, September 08, 2008

Finally an Update from China!!

Our lost luggage has finally made it to us 4 days later and
I quickly unpacked the charger to the laptop so I could post
to the blog. I know everyone has been worried about us. In
a nutshell, our luggage never made it to Beijing. One
suitcase finally arrived on Sunday and we retrieved it when
we arrived to catch our plane to Chongqing. We reluctantly
checked it on. Shaelyn thought we should just sneak it on
as a carry-on :) but I assured her it would be okay since
there were not two airport involved and only one airplane.
Well, when we arrived at Chongqing, we had NO luggage.
(I promise I'm not making this up)but did have our guide!
We were told it was on a much later flight so we decided to
stay and wait for it. It finally made it! It was 2 AM before
we arrived at our hotel in Chongqing. It is Monday night here
11:00 PM and we just received the 2nd lost suitcase! Apparently
it had been left out in the rain because everything is soaking
wet. Oh well, at least that problem is easy to fix :)
It has been an overwhelming experience but we are blessed to be
healthy and alive.

No comments: