Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update on "Scrappy"

I called the vet today and they updated me on the cats
condition. He made it through the night and is resting
comfortably. They have him on IV's so he is getting much
needed nutrition and pain meds. After cleaning him up and
doing some x-rays, the Doc feels like his injuries now look
more like car induced injuries rather than ball bat! That
made me feel so much better! He has a broken jaw, a split
in the roof of his mouth, a fractured skull, severe road
rash, several missing teeth, a partially "removed" nose,
a broken hind leg and several others cuts and scrapes!
She said he would be in the hospital for about 2 weeks or
more before he is ready to be released to a foster home.
She feels like he will be adoptable. I told her to please
call me if he did NOT get a home. I feel better this
evening knowing he is comfortable and that his future is
looking better.

3 comments:

Anita Marie said...

You sound just like me. I think God created people like us to make sure the animals are cared for. I don't understand anyone who mistreats animals...I tend to think they are of the devil and will grow up to be abuse and kill people. You and I have something in common. During high school we both owned a goat and both of our goats were attacked by a dog. My goat's name was Sparky and I have very fond memories of him. He was a real friend and it was impossible to be depressed around him.

Melody R said...

I don't remember the circumstances surrounding your Sparky but my Amy was severely injured by a dog! I remember nursing her back to health. I always wanted to be a Vet but never had the money for med school. I have always loved animals!!

Mel

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Scrappy made it through the night. I love cats- and especially black ones - my beloved Sassy had to be put to sleep a few years ago (bad cat food) but she was the 4th child in this house.
You are a wonderful person to take care of this kitty!