Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Black Cat named "Scrappy"

As many of you know, I am an avid animal lover and hate to
see ANY animal hurt or mistreated. Today, I picked up Shaelyn
from school and was stopping by the house long enough to change
out of my dress clothes before taking Shae to an eye doc. appt.
at 3:15 PM. Well, as I approached our house I saw a bus stopped
in front of our house blowing its horn at something in the road.
I pulled up behind the bus and waited for just a couple minutes
before the bus pulled out and around whatever was in the road.
When the bus moved I saw the problem, a VERY injured black cat
was standing half in the road and half in our yard. My heart
sank as I quickly pulled in the driveway. I told Shaelyn to
go in the house and get her Daddy and I took of my sweater
jacket and approached this very scared and hurt cat. I was
afraid he might bite me but instead he heard my voice and came
staggering over to me with a pitiful meow. I swooped him up
and wrapped him in my sweater. It was pouring rain and he was
soaked. I shouted for Rob to get the laundry basket and asked
if he could take Shae to the eye Doc because I was heading to the
vet. So, off to the vet I headed. When I got there I explained
that he was not my cat, but was hit in front of our house.
They called the humane society who said they would pay for treatment
if a couple specified tests came back negative. They quickly
administered the test and the results were negative so they will
begin treatment. If they feel like he is able to recover they
will do whatever surgeries, treatments are necessary then find
him a home. We simply can not take him but I pray that someone
will want to give this little guy a home. He is solid black and
the vet said that solid black cats are hardest to adopt. To make
me feel even worse, the vet said her thoughts were that his injuries
were not from a car but rather something like a ball bat! Urghh! So,
if you are an animal lover, please keep this little cat in your
prayers. I said an audible prayer over him at the vet, (with the vet
attendants looking at me like I had lost my mind)and hope he will
recover and find a good home. The vet attendants gave him the name
"Scrappy" - so please pray for Scrappy!

2 comments:

Mon said...

That is so sad and bless your heart for taking him to the vet !! I'd take him in a heartbeat. I absolutely love black cats and only adopt those (ive had three so far and one is a tuxedo) Black cats are the best. BUt i live in canada and already have two. I will though pray for him and please keep us updated !! I am sending lots of hugs and kisses for Scrappy ...

Anita Marie said...

Oh poor Scrappy. Of course I'll be praying he finds a loving home. Thanks for being his angel.