Saturday, January 03, 2009

Almost Aiden's Birthday


Aiden's second birthday is fast approaching. Monday my baby
will be 2 years old! Today as I put the finishing touches on
plans for a small family party I found myself in tears on more
than one occasion. I looked at my precious little boy
running around "destroying" my house (lol), and realized that
yes this will be his 2nd birthday but it will be the first
birthday anyone has celebrated his life. How could that be?
How could anyone not celebrate this wonderful gift? It takes
my breath away to think that on his first birthday it was just
an ordinary day in a Chinese orphanage. Oh how I wish I would
have had his first birthday here at home but for reasons that I
can't understand Aiden was not made available for adoption
until he was nearly 15 months old. I know in my heart that God
orchestrated the timing of this adoption and all its impeccable
details because Aiden was meant to be our son. There is no
other explanation. As we approach Aiden's birthday, I can't
help but wonder about the circumstances that led his birth
parents to make the decisions they made. I don't know if Aiden's
special need was what prompted their decision or if Aiden was
the 2nd child born when only 1 child per family was permitted.
There are many things about his birth that we will never know.
The above picture is of Aiden taken for his "finding ad". It
is the youngest picture we have of him. He was about 1 week old
in the photo. The finding ad is placed in the local papers with
the baby's photo and information about where the baby was found.
We do know that he weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 22 inches long when
he was found (with his umbilical cord still attached). While we
do not know much about the circumstances surrounding his birth,
what we do know is that this beautiful life was not born in vain or
by accident. HE WAS WANTED and will be CHERISHED for as long
he has life!!! I am so thankful we have his 2nd birthday and
hopefully many more birthdays to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wish we could have that first birthday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF LOVE Shae

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aiden I love you Buntches snd Buntches!!!!! Love Your Big Sis

Maresa said...

I too don't understand all the circumstances surrounding this precious childs beginnings, but you are right. There is no question about it, he was meant to be "ours". God's timing is aways the best even though we may not understand it.I can garantee one thing, he will never have another missed birthday.He has only been with us for about 3 months but has truly touched our lives.I can't imagine our lives without him. Can't wait to see him tomorrow night. we were coming to church this morning but as you see didn't make it.(Headache). The kids didn't go to bed until around 1 am. I dread school tomorrow. It will be like pulling teeth to get them back on track.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Aiden,you are so cute boy, wish you healthily and happily grow up from day to day. Under the good care of Mommy, Daddy and your lovely big sister,you can certainly be happy.

Love you!

Sophie from ChongQing,China

Anita Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Aiden. You are a special little boy and all your family and friends love you dearly. We wish you all the best and many happy birthdays.

Anita & Gary
Dorset, England

It looks like someone has already got to your birthday cake. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/savagezit/china-panda-birthday-01.jpg

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my sweet Aiden...we love you very much and please make sure you throw lots of cake on the floor for your mommy...just kidding mel...hope today is wonderful as you are.