Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Beautiful Daughter




To celebrate Chinese New Year I thought it would be appropriate
to take some pictures of the kids dressed in their traditional
Chinese attire. Well tonight was Shaelyn's turn and I'll try to
get Aiden's tomorrow. Shaelyn is wearing an outfit we got for
her on our recent trip to China. It is actually PJ's but we
thought it was appropriate. Although in the pictures you can't see
much of the outfit. I was so overcome with the beauty of
Shaelyn's eyes that I ended up doing close up shots instead.
When she takes her glasses off you can see her beautiful eyes
so clearly. Ironically, Shaelyn was considered a special needs
adoption and her special need was crossed eyes. NOT! Her eyes
have always been perfect, just very nearsighted! This year is the
year of the Ox in the Chinese Zodiac. Shaelyn was born in the year
of the Tiger! Since our trip to China Shaelyn has become very
interested in her culture and is proud to be Chinese. When she
was little she used to tell me she didn't like her eyes, now she
thinks they look pretty cool :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shae

you are so beautiful...love your pictures!!!!!love ya

kathy

Marea P said...

I like the middle picture the best and have saved it to 'My Pictures." Shae's smile makes her beautiful eyes light up.

Anita Marie said...

Shae is growing into a beautiful young lady.