Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not Feeling Good!

Please say a prayer for Shaelyn this evening. She had a
really severe case of strep throat a week or so before
Christmas and we were hoping we would never have to "go
there" again. Well, today I picked her up from school and
she was unusually quiet on the ride home. I asked her if
she was okay and she said yes. Funny how a Mommy knows
something is up with her kids even before the kids will
admit it. When I got home from work I noticed a very quiet
subdued Shaelyn and when she didn't want to run to the store
with me, I knew she was sick! I began the 101 question
routine and she finally said her throat hurt her really
bad. I took a look with the flashlight and lo and behold...
I'm pretty sure she has strep or at least tonsillitis.
Her right tonsil is NOT a pretty sight! I took her temp
and it was 101.8 and she just feels lousy! I have dosed her
up with children's Motrin until I can get her into the
Doctor in the morning! Thankfully they are out of school
tomorrow! Oh, and to add insult to injury, while I was
looking at her throat I was very surprised to find that
she is cutting her 12 year molars on the bottom! They are
about 3/4 of the way in! They are very early!! She is only
10 1/2! No wonder she's been cranky lately!! Please pray
that she feels better real soon!

1 comment:

Maresa said...

Oh sorry Mel. I sure hope she isn't getting this stuff again. I think her and Makenna are in a race to see who can get their tonsils out first.Ugh! Believe it or not they can still get it without tonsils. MaKalah has. I'll pray for her. Love you all