Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mystery Flower!



I absolutely LOVE this time of the year. Spring, by far, is my
favorite season. Our yard is so green and we have flowers
blooming everywhere. I even have some flowers that I have
no idea what they are. One particular flower has a yellow
bloom that resembles a lily of some kind but a stem that
looks alot like a tulip. I did not plant these flowers,
and they only bloom in the spring. We have lived here for
18 years and I did not notice them blooming until about 2
Springs ago. I wish I knew what type of flower this was.
I took a picture of Shaelyn holding a bloom, please
let me know if you can identify what the name of this flower
is. Happy Spring everyone!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi, just thought I'd leave this at each place, here and fb.. well, it is just a wild tulip.. Tulpa sysvestris... http://www.theplantexpert.com/springbulbs/Tulip15Botanical.html

Hope this helps.

Melody R said...

Thanks Amanda!! I was hoping I had discovered a brand new hybrid flower that had never been discovered before and could make millions off of selling it! HA! At least I can dream:)

Duchess of Lanier said...

Thank you so much for your card for LadyLL!

Yes, spring has hit Atlanta, too. Can't wait to have LL home to squish my flowers, too ;) And run and kick balls in the yard and all the other fun kid things brought on by spring.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Trena