Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A year ago!


It was a year ago yesterday that I received the call that would
change our lives! I was sitting at my desk when the phone rang
and it was our agency representative. She said they had
information on a baby that she thought just might be "ours".
She told me the baby was 15 months old and healthy and then
she said "It's a BOY"! What? A BOY!! Wow, I never dreamed
I would have a son! She told me she'd e-mail me his picture
and his medical information and that we had 48 hours to decide.
Well, in my heart I knew God had already made the decision for
us. Yang FuSheng (Aiden) was meant to be ours! I called Rob
(who was at home) and I immediately left work! I couldn't wait
to see his picture! When I got home we got the e-mail and saw
his cute little face for the first time. We were in love! His special
need of ptosis (droopy eyelid) didn't look bad at all and we just
knew he was ours. We signed the letter of intent and returned
it to the agency within 24 hours! We were then officially on our
journey to bring him home! What a journey, what an experience,
what a joy! His laughter has brought delight to our home
and his curious little nature has made us smile. What would we
have done without this little treasure? Thank you God for blessing
our family with this precious little boy!

1 comment:

Maresa said...

sniff, sniff. Here I go again. Yes what a joy , what a blessing. His smile is so contagious and his love so heart felt. He is absolutely amazing and to think he is ours!! Our family is truly bless, Mel. Beyond words! It still amazes me the journey your family has taken to give these precious kids a life!! Our hearts were with you all the way.