Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Our family in route to the sunrise service.
Aiden is still half asleep.

Mimi (my Mom) and Aiden playing in the sandbox during our get-together today. Cousin Makalah and the Easter Bunny. Okay, he's not really the Easter Bunny but he is our sweet little lopp-ear bunny Chloe. (Yes Chloe is a HE - After we named "her" Chloe we found out that Chloe was a HE but the name stuck) Chloe stays outside in his on little bunny condo.
Aiden pulling cousin Ethan in his red wagon. It was so cute!
I am never very successful in getting both kids to look at the camera at the same time! Oh well! Here is a picture of Shae and Aiden at Church in front of some decorations left from the Easter Party yesterday.
Aiden could not wait to eat, so I made him a plate early. Here he is eating at his little table.
My dining room all ready for the Easter Dinner.

Aiden getting into his Easter Basket!


Shaelyn loves her Easter Basket/Purse! Aiden was really excited about his basket too!

Shaelyn's Easter Basket this year was actually a purse filled with goodies. She loved it!





What a wonderful day it was today! We began the day
by going to the sunrise service at church. We were up and
at 'em by 5:30 AM! That is really early for kids, but having
Easter Baskets to wake up to really helped! ( Aiden
has been in a foul mood most of the day today and I think
it is because of getting up so early). After the sunrise
service we ate breakfast at the church and then went
straight into the morning worship service. We were home
from church around 10:00 AM. AT 1:00 PM my Mom,
Dad, Sister's family and my Brother and his wife (from Ohio)
all met at our house for Easter dinner. It was a bit crowded
but we did manage to fit 18 people into our little house without
too much problem. It was fun having everyone together!
With the exception of Daniel and Travis (hey, missed you
guys) we were all together for the first time in a long time!
After dinner we had an egg hunt in the back yard for the
kids. It was a special time and the weather was perfect!
I am very tired tonight but am so thankful for our Risen
Lord and for my wonderful family! Hope everyone had
a wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

lovely post!

enjoyed reading it. pictures look gr8 too

laurie said...

You had a pretty table Mel! I always like having all the family together too. We had a few that were sick this year and my sister was home in Arkansas and of course John and Tonya weren't here so it didn't happen this year. I love the purse idea. I got behind on things and never did get individual baskets made but instead used my huge punch bowl and made one big display of candy and treats. The kids were fine with it that way. They cut mommy a break since I wasn't feeling well. They still got their candy and that was the important part!