Friday, April 03, 2009

Happy 65th Birthday Mom!

Melody, Jeannie, Shandalin and Maresa (Mom with her
Girls and oldest Granddaughter)

Mom with her Girls





My mom turned 65 years old today! My sister and her kids met
at Mom's house and had a little party for her. Dad had purchased
the cake earlier and had dropped it by my house so I could bring
it. We made her blow out 65 candles and of course threw in some
trick candles so they wouldn't all go out! After eating some cake
and ice cream, she opened a few gifts and not only got some really
pretty nice things, but also got lots of hugs and kisses from her girls
and grandkids. Our goal was to make her feel like the special
women that she is! My Mom has been through a lot of trials in her
life and there were many times we wondered if she would"survive"
the trials she was faced with. But one thing we NEVER wondered
about or questioned was her love and faith in God. She always has
told me "Melody, man will fail you, but God never will". We also
have never questioned her love for her family. She loves her kids
and grandkids dearly! I am blessed to call her Mom and hope to have
many, many more years with her! Happy Birthday Mom! We love
you!!




No comments: