Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Rob!




Today Rob celebrated his 40th Birthday! 20 of those 40
Birthdays I have been blessed to share with him!!! After
going out to eat as a family, we came home and had my Mom
& Dad and my sister and her family all come over for
cake and ice cream. A special thanks to my Mom & Dad
and my sister's family for always making our birthdays
a special occasion to celebrate. We are blessed to have
them live close by. We all agreed that Rob is a very
special guy that means the world to so many! He is such
a humble person and really didn't know why we were making
such a fuss over his birthday but consented to let me blow
up balloons and do what I needed to do to make his day
special. I often think to myself, if I could have 1/2 as
much patience as he does I would be such a nice person :)
He loves unconditionally and without judgement. He is not
perfect, but he is exactly what God knew I needed. He is
such a terrific husband and father! So today, I am thankful
for that tiny, frail baby boy born 2 months premature 40
years ago! Today that baby boy is a strong, compassionate man
who is simply "My Rock". I sincerely hope that I get to
spend at least 40 more birthdays with him!!! Happy Birthday
Rob! We love you!!!

3 comments:

Maresa said...

Such a nice post. Very well said. Rob is by far the best brother in-law. I have never heard him say an unkind thing about anyone.Happy Birthday Rob, You are a very special person and I just can't imagine our family without you. We love you!!

Marea P said...

I am glad that my brother is married to such a nice sister-in-law. I am sure it means alot to him to have your love & support. Thanks, Melody.
And, even though I never liked it when we were kids, I do enjoy being the same age as him for a month & a few days. It's fun messing people up a bit! :)

laurie said...

Glad you had a nice time. Hope you are recovering Mel.