Tuesday, March 10, 2009

19 years today!




Nineteen years ago today Rob and I were married at
Salisbury Wesleyan Chapel at 1:00 PM. That morning
I remember waking up and there was dense fog everywhere.
I gulped when I realized that our balloon release wouldn't
be all that grand if you couldn't see 2 feet in front
of your face! I remember praying Lord please lift the
fog. Of course by 1:00 PM the weather was a beautiful
70 degrees and sunny. I was so nervous about the wedding
and hoped that all my hard work and planning would pay off.
I have to admit that I did not enjoy my wedding because
I was far too involved in every aspect of it. I learned
so much from my wedding that I now use when directing and
organizing the many weddings I have done since then. One
of the most important things I learned is...Let the Bride
just be "The Bride" on the day! Anyway, the wedding went
off without too many errors and about day three of the
honeymoon I had finally settled down and had my nerves
unraveled from the many knots they had been in. :) What
I did not fully realize on that sunny day in March was that
I had just married the most wonderful man on the planet!
He is so patient with me and keeps this Type A
personality of mine in check. He finds the good in
every situation and his favorite quote is "Life is Good".
He is such a hard worker and loves his family so much!
He has embraced me throughout my infertility saga and
has been quick to correct me and say "our" infertility
saga. He loves the two children God has blessed us with
as though they were biologically his. Yes he has had
his share of faults and our marriage has not always been
perfect but we are better people today because of the
trials we have been through. At our wedding we sang
together the song "Household of Faith". Nineteen years later
I can say that our marriage is where it is today because
of our "Faith". Faith in a God that we knew would walk
with us through the storms of life. I love you Rob and
hope we have many more years together.

4 comments:

Maresa said...

This was a precious post. I sure hope he reads this!! Happy Anniversary to you both. I love you both very much.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Robert,Melody,Shaelyn and Aiden, I'm Sophie,it's long time no touch with you, miss you very much.

In fact,I always pay attention to your family blog although I didn't leave message almost time, but I am greatly touched by your every sentence. Very happy to see Aiden healthily grows up and have joyful life under your care and protection.

Happy Anniversary to you!

All best wishes to your family!

Sophie from ChongQing,China

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Melody, you are truly blessed to have a husband like Rob. There are not many men like him around. Hope the next 19 years are as blessed as the first. Lots of love.

Marea P said...

The years do go by quickly, and I may be a bit biased :) but you got a good guy!! He's among the best; second only to my hubby. :) We are very blessed girls.