Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shae's Room - After




We had purchased the paint for Shae's room several weeks
ago, and just now I am getting around to painting it. This
project took ALL day since I had to stop on several occassions,
and be the lawyer, nurse, chef etc. Shaelyn chose the color
Pistachio Green because of the bedspread she already had. I
was afraid it would make her room look much smaller and be
too much color, but it actually looks pretty good. I painted
over all of the ladybugs I had stenciled around the room except
for the front focal wall. I made a "border out of the ones
remaining. Then we painted touches of grass around the
bottom of the picket fence and Shaelyn painted a few flowers
here and there. (The middle photo shows the room without the
grass and flowers around the fence) We cleaned and reorganized
the entire room and now several hours later WE ARE DONE. Here
are the "after" pictures. You can click on them to see better
detail. I think it turned out rather cute. Now if she would
just keep it clean!!! Urghhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love My new room mommy you did a Wonderful Job I love you lots and lots!!!! Love,Anonymous

Anita Marie said...

Nice job. I love that shade of green. I thought Shae would be interested to know that in England ladybugs are called ladybirds.

Marea P said...

The new color definately makes Shae's room more "grown-upish" looking. You did a great job on it. :)