Saturday, December 20, 2008

Busy Busy!!

Just wanted to check in with blog land and let everyone know
we are alive and well. We have been very busy getting ready
for the kid's Christmas Program at church. The practice was
today and went fairly well. The program will be tomorrow night.
Quite honestly, I will be thrilled when it is over. I had
not intentions of doing the program this year but through a
series of events, I ended up volunteering to do it at the
last minute. I have had less than 3 weeks to pull together
a program! I had typed it all up on our PC and saved it but
had not printed the program yet when all of the sudden our
computer, that is less than 1 yr old, crashed and I lost
everything! Urghh! So, I retyped everything on the laptop,
e-mailed it to myself at work and printed it from there.
Also, Shaelyn has been very sick this past week with strep
throat and tonsillitis. It has been a very stressful week
to say the least. Hopefully we will have a new hard drive
in our PC on Monday and Shaelyn is doing much better so
things are looking better. Say a prayer for our Christmas
program tomorrow! It should be interesting to say the least!

3 comments:

laurie said...

I know about how stressful a Christmas Program can be. I can't imagine how you felt when you discovered you'd lost what you had typed. I'm sure your program will be great. I remember you and Rob doing a great childrens program years ago. Very capable people! Our morning service is filled with our Bus Ministry program where I have the 8 year old class and we will sing two songs and play the hand bells. I'm very nervous about doing this but we'll make it. The night program is with all of the church children and I have not had to do one thing for that for which I am very greatful this year. Merry Christmas.

Anita Marie said...

So glad you have enjoyed the book. I couldn't put it down either and am thinking about reading it again because it's been awhile. I've always been fascinated by adoption and reconnection stories. I do think it's a good book for Shae to read when she's older. Perhaps when she's really starting to get curious about her family roots. Hope you have a Blessed Christmas. Pray for us...it's a hard one. SO many close relatives have passed on the past two years (Mom and Mother-in-law) and grandmother not doing well. We need God's grace.

Marea P said...

I'm glad you survived your week and that Shaelyn is feeling better. I saw pictures on your sister's blog and it looked like your program was a success. Now you can take a breath and enjoy this week. :)