Sunday, October 12, 2008

Truly My Own!

Having two adopted children, I am often asked crazy questions and
receive some pretty off-the-wall comments by well meaning people.
But today when I was asked how I could love someone elses child
because they sure couldn't, it really made me stop and think.
So to answer the question....

When I look at the faces of my daughter and new son I must
admit I am overcome with emotion. It is very hard to explain
the enormity of my love for these two children I have been
blessed to call MINE. No, my blood does not course through
their veins, but I would give my life's blood for them without a
second thought. Neither of them bear any physical resemblance
to me, but I pray that my actions displayed in front of them
will make them want to model after me. I did not carry them
inside my body for nine months but I will carry their heartaches,
happiness and their tomorrows with me for as long as I am alive.
When asked how I could love someone elses child, I simply
responded.....they're NOT someone elses child, they're MINE!

7 comments:

Maresa said...

Melody, You are going to have to stop this... You have me crying again!!!!How well spoken!!!! You are a woman of wisdom and I am so proud of you my little sis!!! Love you

Anita Marie said...

How beautifully expressed! I believe adoption is truly the most beautiful gift of love. I'm so glad you have been blessed with it and that your children are blessed to have you.

Have you ever read "Reconnected with my Bellybutton by Mrs Joy Budensiek? I've been thinking about getting the book for you. I'm sure you know Mrs B from HSBC. She was my favourite teacher and is still a good friend to me. I have her book which tells of her own adoption. It's a beautiful story. I just want to make sure you haven't already read it before I order it for you.

Her website is: http://www.reconnectedjourney.com/

Melody R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody R said...

Anita,

No, I have not read that book. I would love to! I remember Mrs. B she was just a sweet teacher. I had no idea she was adopted as well. Thanks for thinking of me.

Melody

laurie said...

You are absolutely right! They are your children.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Well said!!

Anita Marie said...

When I can get around to it (so much is happening in our little world) I'll contact Mrs B about sending one to you. I know you'll love the book as much as I do.