Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Lesson Learned with Cheerios



As I was cleaning up the house recently, I was wondering if
the cleanliness of my house would ever be the same again.
Aiden is in to everything and can make a mess in 2.5 seconds
flat. I'm ashamed to say, I was stressing it a little thinking
about how I was going to work full time, keep my house clean,
laundry caught up, all the pets fed and cleaned, the vehicles
cleaned, try to keep my scrapbooking caught up, teach a SS class
AND be a good Mom. Wheee....as I as about to say "I can't do
this", I noticed that some little hands had put some cheerios
in my candle on the living room end table. This may sound silly
but when I saw that I immediately was reproved. This little life
is far more important than a clean house or clean car. I stopped
what I was dusting and swooped Aiden up and just hugged him and
kissed him for as long as he would allow me to. I then of course
grabbed the camera and took this picture of the Cheerios in the
Candle. When I look at this picture it is a reminder to me to
slow down and appreciate the little moments that we often overlook
in our eagerness to get things accomplished.

3 comments:

laurie said...

I couldn't agree more. I have taken tons of pictures and there are times when I feel like I will never get them all in albums and think I should slow down but a friend told me to keep taking them - - there will be time to scrapbook them later. With four children and three in sports, we are on the go alot.

Marea P said...

I have been realizing this more so recently, especially when I start thinking about the near future. Sharree graduates next year and Kerri a few years later. :( I am enjoying reading your blogs and keeping up with you all. Love you all.
Marea

Betty said...

Hi Melody & Rob. Don't know if you remember us but Rod Brown and Rob lived together in a house here in Hobe Sound for awhile. I remember meeting you when I was here visiting Rod before you guys got married. I stumbled on your blog through Marea's. It's so nice to see what people are up to. We have a blog as well. Feel free to check it out. Good to see your family!