Saturday, November 08, 2008

Post Surgery


We were told by the Dr. to expect Aiden's eye to
look worse up to a week or so post surgery. He even said
it would take several weeks for the muscle to heal and
actually do what it is suppose to do. Even though
we were warned, I must admit I am a little discouraged
today. The eyelid is very swollen, bruised and DROOPY!
I know it will improve but I guess I was just hoping
it would look better today. We go back to the Doctor
Monday for a follow up. Right now he can not close that
eye (so sleeps with one eye open - yeah looks kinda
freaky), and does not even blink yet. So....we have
a long way to go before we really see the end results.
Our goal at this point is for his vision to be restored.
We may have to do a second surgery when he is older to
get a better cosmetic appearance (if necessary). Please
pray that Aiden will continue to recover and that the
swelling and bruising will decrease.

1 comment:

Maresa said...

Melody. I think it is absolutely beautiful!!! don't be discouraged!! I am amazed at the results and it's only been 2 days.