Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Pictures - NOT!

Tis the season for Christmas pictures, so off we went to
capture our children's best smiles. They both were all
decked out in their Christmas attire and were simply
adorable if I do say so myself!:) The preparation for
this photo session was eventful to say the least. Shaelyn
and I worked on curling her hair and all the other girly
things for well over 45 minutes. Aiden kept coming into the
bathrooom and trying to "assist" us with the primping.
Shaelyn was so irriated at him and he in turn would voice his
discontentment with her as well. Then about an hour before
our 5:30 PM appt. Aiden fell off the couch and hit his
head on the coffee table. Instantly their arose
a HUGE goose egg! It wasn't long before he had dried his tears
and was on the move again, and I was relieved that he was okay
and that the goose egg could be disguised under his bangs.
Then...the dog jumped up on Aiden and gave him a nice scratch
down his nose. Thankfully it faded within approx. 30 mins.
Things were NOT going well and I wondered if I would succeed
in getting both kids to the portrait studio in one piece.
Finally we arrived but Aiden was extremly fussy and would not
cooperate. This is a child that smiles HUGE smiles all the
time and we could hardly even get a grin out of him! He fussed
and fussed the entire time and the photographer, well lets just
say, didn't win photographer of the year award! Anyway, we
left after we viewed our pictures on a compture and I felt
sick! The pictures were not good at all, and I'm no where
closer to having Christmas pictures than before I went.
So....I guess we try again another day at a different
studio. Walmart is looking better and better. Oh well,
maybe next time!

2 comments:

Maresa said...

Oh Mel, So sorry about all that you went through and then to think that your frantic sister called right at 5:30 with a chicken eating, bloated, pooping dog question. Please forgive me. How precious of you to not have bitten my head off. I would have never guessed you were in such a fix. I'm not sure where you went but Sears has really done a great job with all of Ethans pictures.The lady you would want is Crystal. She did my kids when they were small and we love her!! She can preform miracles. Truly!! Anyways good luck next time.

Unknown said...

So sorry that your pictures didn't turn out well. We have yet to get our pictures taken because our kids will not sit still for anyone. I found your blog today and thought I'd say hello to a fewllow NC'er