Saturday, September 05, 2009

Last year

Last year at this very day and time, we were sitting
aboard a Boeing 777 Korean Air Jumbo Jet in route
to Beijing China. We were so excited, nervous and a
little bit of every emotion mixed together. We were
not only going to get our new son, but we were also
taking Shaelyn back to China to see the land of her birth.
Wow, what a journey we were about to experience! As
I sat there in my seat on that enormous plane, I had
all the time in the world to reflect back over the past
16 months. The calling God placed on our hearts to
adopt again took us a bit by surprise. We had more
questions than answers for so many months. We ran into
so many road blocks and detours along the adoption
journey and there were times we nearly said "forget
it"! But sitting there in that huge plane I felt a
peace. I knew without a doubt that we were right
where God wanted us to be! Now a year later, I
can say that God sure knew what He was doing! This
little boy he gave us was exactly what we needed and
didn't even know it! Aiden has brought us so much joy
and I simply can't imagine life without him. The
adoption path was not easy, but the reward for walking
it was beyond our wildest dreams!

1 comment:

Maresa said...

beautiful post!! It amazes me the peace we have when we obey the Lord. Aiden is so special. So is Shae!!