Sunday, August 31, 2008

"The Week" Begins!

It's hard to believe that tomorrow begins "the week". The
week we leave to get our precious little boy! It has been
such a long, long journey to this point and yet somehow I
can't help but think we've only just begun. We leave Fri.
Sept. 5th @ 9:58 AM on United flight 7152 and arrive home on
Thurs. Sept 18th @ 11:09 PM on United flight 7261. Somewhere
in the middle of those dates, a miracle will occur! The
miracle of adoption. One little boy, a Mommy, a Daddy, and
a Big Sister's life will be changed forever! We covet your
prayers as we embark upon this life-changing experience.
Please pray for our safety and specifically that Aiden's
transition into our family will be as easy as possible for
him. I keep reminding myself that love is universal and can
easily reach through language and cultural barriers. We are
trusting that he will immediately sense our unconditional
love and that his fears will melt away. We will post to our
blog along the way to keep everyone informed. Thank you to
so many who have walked this journey with us! Your
support has been invaluable!

3 comments:

Anita Marie said...

We will be praying for an easy transition. Makes me think of Sandy Paddy's song - Love in Any Language. :)

laurie said...

Mel, I've been keeping up with your journey for the past couple of weeks and it has all been pretty exciting! I am so happy for you and pray this next part of your journey goes smoothly.

Maresa said...

I am praying that little Aidan will make an easy transition from there to his new home. We can't wait to meet him. I hope you all have a wonderful time in China. I know you will be anxious to get back home though. We'll be waiting!!!! love you all very much!!!