Sunday, October 04, 2009

His Eye Is On The Sparrow!


This past week has been especially stressful, and to be honest
there were times I felt like the wind had been knocked
out of me! I am ashamed to say that I have indulged myself
in a few self pity-parties. I had one of those weeks that I
felt like God was a million miles away and really could care
less about me and my problems! Well, it took a little bird
to shake me back to reality. As we were leaving for church
this morning, Rob discovered a little sparrow that was "dying"
on our front porch. He was on his back and was jerking and
gasping for air. I swooped up this little bird and held him in
my hand. Nothing seemed broken and he wasn't bleeding so
I begin to think he had flown into our glass storm door and
had knocked the wind out of himself. I carefully placed him
on the bench in our flowerbed, rubbed his little head and told
him it would be okay. We left for church and I wondered if
he would be dead when we got back. Well, when we arrived
back home we checked on the status of the little sparrow and
he had flown away! God used that little bird to let me know
that everything would be okay. His eye is on the sparrow
and I know he watches me!

2 comments:

Anita Marie said...

This thought often goes through my head when I'm standing at the sink washing dishes and watching the birds on the feeders just outside the kitchen window. What a great reminder that he cares for us. I'm praying that God will reveal his love and care for you in a real special way.

Jackie said...

Even when our thoughts are not tuned into Him... His are tuned into us! Where can we go from His care? His plans for us are always full of love even on tough days.
I enjoy your blog and I love it that you share your blessing with us all.