Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Readoption Finalized!

We decided to have Aiden readopted in NC so that his
adoption record and birth certificate would be on
file in NC. This step is not a necessity but does result in a
birth certificate and adoption decree in English:) It also makes
things a lot easier for when they are required to produce
paperwork such as a birth certificate for school, etc.
Aiden's adoption hearing was this morning at 10:00 AM.
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures because
they do not allow cameras in the courthouse. So....I will
just tell you what happened. We waited for approximately
20 minutes before the Clerk of Superior Court called us
back to his office. He asked us a few questions, talked with
us for about 10 minutes and then issued us the adoption decree.
It was so simple! While the Clerk was talking with us, Aiden
spotted a stuffed AFLAC duck sitting on the desk. He went
and got it and proceeded to play with it for a little bit. I wasn't
paying any attention to him as I was focused on answering the
questions I was being asked. When it was time to leave, I heard
the Clerk ask Aiden for his duck back! Aiden had proceeded to
stuff that duck into his little backpack and was "taking him home"!
I was so embarrassed! Here is my son "stealing" from the Clerk of
Superior Court! I explained to Aiden that the duck was not his
and that he needed to take it out of his bag and put it back on
the desk. He did exactly as I instructed without a whimper. I
was proud of him for that:) Anyway, the clerk got a good laugh
out of it and we left promising that we would take care of this
precious little boy and teach him not to steal! We are so glad
this chapter is done and now we can keep on enjoying our
wonderful little guy!!

1 comment:

Mon said...

Aaawh thats a wonderful story, about the duck !! And glad that your re-adoption went great. Never heard of it but once our baby girl arrives, I'll check on it if it's possible where we live, too