Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day












Today was a special day for me as I celebrated being a Mom
to two beautiful children this year. Rob got me a porch swing
for Mother's Day and put it up for me yesterday! I was so
excited as I've always loved a porch swing. The kids
and the dog love it just as much as I do. I know we will get
lots of enjoyment from it. I also had flowers and several
cards spread out on the table this morning! I even had a card
from the dog! Rob had taken paint and put Sophie's paw print
in the card. It was too cute:) To make the day even more
special, I also got to spend some time with my precious Mother.
I took the kids and went to church with my Mom this morning
and then ate lunch out with her and my Dad. I am so very
fortunate to have had a Godly mother who taught me so many
wonderful life lessons. Knowing how much I wanted to be a
Mommy, she longed for the day that I would be blessed with
a baby. She has embraced by two little China babies as if they
were biologically mine and has loved them dearly. I thank God
for my Mom and hope that I have many more years with her!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Marea P said...

What a nice swing! I am sure you all will enjoy it. Jeff got me one a couple of years ago & we enjoy spending time together on it in the evenings.
I like the new color of your shutters & porch floor. :)