Sunday, July 13, 2008

LOA Right Around the Corner!

We think our LOA (letter of acceptance) is right around the corner! The trend lately has been 80 - 85 days. Thursday (7-17) will be day 80 for us! We can hardly wait, and I must admit I have been on pins and needles lately. Everytime the phone rights at my desk at work I am thinking "Is this the call"? We have also put in our request for updated photos of Aiden and the adoption agency said they would call us when they received them. So, I "jump" everytime that phone rings. Once we receive our LOA we then wait for TA (travel approval). This generally takes 4-6 weeks then our flights are booked. It still is looking like Sept. before we travel but hopefully EARLY Sept vs. late. We are so very excited yet scared to death! There are a million plus questions floating around in my mind. Will he like us, will he be scared? Will I know what to feed him (what he's use to and likes)? Will he quickly learn his american name or should we call him his Chinese name for a while? The questions are endless. I just have to trust that we are in God's will and that everything will work our according to His plan. Please continue to pray for us as we journey down this long and winding road to China.

1 comment:

Anita Marie said...

The waiting and not knowing would get to me. I am praying all goes well and that Aiden will have a smooth adjustment to his new life.