Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Weary Travelers

Two years ago today we were on our way from Beijing to
Chongqing to meet our precious little boy. To say that
we were tired and stressed would be an understatement!
We had flown thousands of miles, spent over 16 hours on
a plane, had tried to adapt to a 12 hour time zone difference
in 2 days. Doing all of this this without ANY luggage AND
while dealing with a very anxious 10 year old! We
had seen the Great Wall, Tienneman Square and the
Forbidden City all on the same day! We were bone tired,
dirty and missing the comforts of home with people we
could understand! I remember thinking I simply could
not go on, I just couldn't do this! And then.....I thought
about a little brown eyed baby boy who was waiting for
his Mommy and somehow I found the strength to
forged on. I think this is how birth mothers who are in labor
must feel. I was terrified, exhausted, thrilled, excited and
every other emotion imaginable all in one! In less than
24 hours I would have a son! The journey was hard,
the travelers were very weary, but we'd do again in
a heartbeat in order to have our son! We love you
Aiden and thank God daily for you - OUR SON!

No comments: