Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Forever Day Shae!

Eating cake and ice cream with Papaw:)
Shae's Forever Day gift.

Shaelyn with her cake.

This is Daddy's first time holding Shaelyn - 11 years ago!
This picture was taken about 30 seconds after being handed Shaelyn! :)
Words can't express it!!


11 years ago tomorrow, we were blessed with the most
precious gift...our baby girl! She was 7 months old and
BEAUTIFUL! I just knew she had to be the most
beautiful baby in the world! She weighed 12 lbs 12 ozs
and wore size 0-3 months clothes.
We were not prepared for such a tiny little peanut so all
of her clothes were soooo big on her. As soon as we got
home from China we had to make a run to the store for
some clothes that actually fit! The moment that they
handed her to me I remember feeling like I was floating.
I was so overcome with love for this tiny little person I
had just met. She was bundled in 11 layers of clothes
and was huge! I loved her so much from that first
moment! Now 11 years later, I love her even more!
I had one of her teachers tell me, "Shaelyn cares
about everyone and is so considerate of others feelings...
she has the gift of compassion". I am so proud of the
little lady she is becoming!
We decided to celebrate Shaelyn's "Forever Day" today
instead of waiting til tomorrow since tomorrow is a school
day. Papaw came over to have cake and ice cream
(Mimi was not feeling well). We have always celebrated
"Forever Day" with a cake and a gift. It is however, the
most wonderful day to celebrate! The day we met and
became a family FOREVER! We love you so very much
Shaelyn McKenzie (FuXun)!

No comments: