Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy "Forever Day"


Feb 22nd, 1999 is a day that will forever be etched in my memory.
I had waited for so many years and wondered many nights if I would
ever have a child to call my own. Then on this one special day in
a hotel hallway half-way around the globe, a stranger handed me the
most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen. The most beautiful part
of it all was that she was MINE! Not of my flesh, not of my blood
but MINE! Shaelyn had 11 layers of clothes on when she was handed
to me. She seemed so big but underneath all those layers was a tiny
little baby who needed me just as much as I needed her. The love
I had for her from that first moment is indescribable. It has been
10 years since that eventful day and I simply can not imagine my
life without her. She has been such a blessing to me/us! I tell
her often that SHE made me a Mommy! She just smiles with pride
when I tell her that. Yes, she has had her share of difficulties
but we love her so much in spite of her problems. She has a big
heart and makes me so proud with her consideration for others.
God knew we needed her and we feel so blessed to have had 10 years
with her. Happy "Forever Day" Shaelyn, we love you so very much!

2 comments:

Maresa said...

And we love you to Shaelyn. You were my first niece on Mommy's side of the family.You are a very special girl. I can't imagine our family without you either.We are so Blessed!!!!

Marea P said...

I had forgotten what month you & Rob went to China to get Shae. She has grown into a beautiful young lady (& she was a beautiful baby, toddler, girl, too)!
I must say that we all enjoyed being "connected" with you while you were in China getting Aiden though. Technology is a wonderful thing, well most of the time.